Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mooncakes?


So for those living in the Pacific time area, tomorrow is going to be August 08, 2008, otherwise known as 08.08.08. and I for one know I'm going to see the following;

1. At least one couple kissing like crazy
2. A wedding with pink bows and white flowers
3. Lechon [Roasted Pork]
4. People declaring their so-called 'New Resolutions' [wasn't this supposed to be in New Years?]

I myself have a few things to do myself; try out some mooncakes [I've never really gotten the courage to try it-- it looks gross], scream on the top of my lungs, spend money I don't even have yet, cry my heart out, gamble a little and maybe even kiss a guy, if I play my cards right. Okay, so that last part may not happen, but hey, can you blame me? A girl can dream high, especially since it's going to be the only 888 we'll get to live, unless you plan on going on 'til the next millenium, if Global Warming allows us.

So what's on your list, fellow bloggers?
Plan on bungee-jumping? Losing your flower? Going to school? Getting married? Or do you not give a rat's buttocks and are planning to just stay at home and eat your guts?

What can I say?
I'm one who lives for the moment.
Like I always say, deal with it.

Oh, and try to keep this in mind-- each day is never guarenteed. So don't take your life for granted.

xoxo,
Cinquesh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, for the rest of the world, tomorrow is going to be 8.8.8 as well.....

Anonymous said...

Hi! I did not notice that much special 888.. it is only some kinf of belief and stuff. Do you believe that things would be better if done on this day?

BTW; Prodinterios post introduced your blog. Can we be comment buddies? I love exchanging as many comments possible as long as they are relevant..

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the bloggers' world Cinquesh. I have read that you are new. I hope you enjoy it and you earn from it as well. Happy blogging. So what exactly you did on 888? Dated? ^_^

Cinquesh said...

@ Mcangeli, I'm aware.

@ rogue, Actually, it's not really some kind belief, however, I think that the Chinese believe it's supposed to be good, as I heard fireworks in my neighbourhood yesterday. It's just that I find it quite unique as the next time there'll be another 888 is in another millenium. And sure, we can be comment buddies. As soon as I'm done with this comment, I'll go to your blog.

@ wanderer, Thank you for the welcome. Me? Not much. Tried some Mooncakes, though. They tasted quite nice, actually. xD

Anonymous said...

You are right about one thing. Life is short and we shouldn't take it for granted. As the old saying goes "Here today and gone tomorrow." BTW what are mooncakes?

Unknown said...

Eh? I'm sorry, but I thought that the post was about Mooncakes, no? :)